This Insituform® cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) solution for small-diameter pipelines features enhancements to manufacturing and installation allowing us to deliver higher value and better quality with less disruption. On average, this installation process uses 98 percent less water than the traditional water cure.
iPlus Infusion® CIPP is a seamless, jointless, pipe-within-a-pipe that can be used to rehabilitate deteriorating sewer and storm water without digging or disruption. The product consistently meets or exceeds the physical properties set forth in ASTM D1743.
iPlus Infusion® CIPP addresses your top concerns:
- Infiltration reduction:Water entering your sewer system through cracks, holes or joint failures can significantly tax your treatment facilities, especially during wet weather. iPlus Infusion® CIPP can significantly reduce this infiltration and leakage from your system.
- Structural integrity:iPlus Infusion® CIPP restores structural integrity to your damaged sewer pipe. Proactively maintaining the integrity of your pipes can help you avoid the high costs and negative publicity associated with emergency repairs.
- Increased flow capacity: The smooth, jointless interior of our iPlus Infusion®CIPP improves flow capacity, despite the cross-sectional reduction. There are no joints or seams that separate over time.
Insituform set out to enhance its proven CIPP process to ensure quality, shorten the installation cycle, reduce waste and conserve energy. These efforts have resulted in a system that is less disruptive to citizens, better for the environment and a better value for our customers.
- Steam cure results in less water use, virtually eliminating the discharge of process water into sewers.
- Shorter installation cycle produces less disruption and minimizes service outages.
- Coating on both sides of the CIPP tube provides protection during installation and ensures a high-quality end product.
- Reduced equipment requirements result in a quieter, less disruptive jobsite and minimal traffic disruption.
- Robust pull-in installation process reduces stress on the tube.
- Pressurized wet out fully saturates tube providing optimal physical characteristics.
Manufacturing and Installation
All iPlus Infusion® CIPP tubes are produced in an ISO:9001 certified manufacturing plant. A robust pull-in method is used to install the tube into the host pipe, reducing the stress on the tube. It can be installed in pipelines from 150 to 300mm in diameter and in lengths up to 250 metres.
Low-pressure steam is used to cure the iPlus Infusion® CIPP. The steam cure allows us to reduce energy and water use during installation and virtually eliminates the discharge of process water into the sewer system.
The iPlus Infusion® CIPP installation process has the smallest possible jobsite footprint and the shortest installation cycle of any of the Insituform® CIPP processes.
CIPP is inherently environmentally friendly, but we have raised the bar by applying green engineering concepts to the design of iPlus Infusion® CIPP. An enhanced wet out (or resin impregnation process) helps us reduce waste. Using steam instead of water to cure the resin significantly reduces energy use. Less equipment on the jobsite translates into less energy usage and less emissions.
iPlus Infusion ® CIPP Installation Process
- The iPlus Infusion® CIPP tubes are wet out using a controlled resin impregnation system that fully saturates the tube with thermosetting resin.
- The resin-saturated tube is pulled into a damaged pipe.
- Air is used to inflate the tube and then steam cures the resin to form a tight-fitting, jointless and corrosion-resistant replacement pipe.
- Service laterals are restored internally with robotically controlled cutting devices.
- Rehabilitated pipes are inspected by closed-circuit TV.
iPlus Infusion ® CIPP Technical Envelope
iPlus Infusion® CIPP is suitable for small diameter pipelines ranging from 6 inches to 12 inches.
|Diameter range||150 – 300mm|
|pH range||0.5 -10.5|
|Pipe condition fully deteriorated||Yes|
|Pipe condition partially deteriorated||Yes|
|Shot length||Up to 250m|
|Host pipe material||All excluding truss pipe|