For over 45 years, we have been installing cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) products for pipeline rehabilitation. Building on this experience, we developed the InsituMain® CIPP system, an AWWA Class IV, fully structural and pressure-rated CIPP technology. The InsituMain® CIPP system is certified to meet the NSF/ANSI Standard 61*.
The InsituMain® CIPP system is ideal for force mains and water pipelines up to 96 inches in diameter, can negotiate bends and is pressure-rated at 80+ psi. It is suitable for rehabilitation in a variety of host pipes including cast iron, ductile iron, steel, asbestos cement, reinforced concrete pipe and thermoplastic.
Engineered to restore existing pipelines, the InsituMain® CIPP system with stands internal pressure and external load requirements while also eliminating leakage and corrosion. Composed of an epoxy composite layer reinforced with glass materials and/or polyester fiber, the InsituMain® CIPP tube provides added strength and stiffness to pressurized pipelines. A polypropylene layer on the inside of the pipe surface increases the pipe’s smoothness, reduces surface friction and provides an additional corrosion barrier for the pipe.
*Contact us for additional information regarding certification.
InsituMain® CIPP Installation Process
The InsituMain® cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) system is installed using a non-disruptive process:
- Step 1: The composite materials are saturated with a thermosetting epoxy resin system either on the jobsite or in an authorized Insituform wetout facility.
- Step 2: Using water or air pressure, the tube is then inserted into the host pipe by either a pull-in or inversion method.
- Step 3: Following installation, hot water or steam is circulated throughout the tube to cure the thermosetting resin.
- Step 4: The pipe is cooled, the ends are cut off and the pipe is returned to service. Lined sections are re-established to the existing system using standard pipe fittings.
- Step 5: Service connections on the existing host pipe are robotically restored from inside the lined main. Using innovative technology to locate the connections from inside a lined main, a remote operator robotically cuts through the liner at each service opening.
InsituMain® CIPP Technical Envelope
Internal pressure rating
Host pipe material
|150 – 2500mm
Yes, up to 45º
Exceed ASTM F1216 and ASTM F1743